The Rural Electrification Authority, a State Corporation established under the Energy Act No. 12 of 2006, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of Kenya. It is also the lead agency in the development and promotion of renewable energy in Kenya.
Through its mandate, the Authority seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Authority has endeavoured to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities now have electricity.
Moving forward, the Authority will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
The Authority is looking for experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill vacancies in the organization. The applicants must be self-driven individuals who are focused and committed to driving the REA mandate.
They will work with their departmental teams in spearheading/embracing innovations, work ethics and must possess high level of integrity.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following position:
Manager, Internal Audit
One (1) Post
Permanent and Pensionable Terms
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has proper internal controls and ensures that both financial and non-financial procedures and processes are put in place and complied with.
The Manager will be responsible to the Board operationally and to the Chief Executive Officer Administratively.
He/she will provide advisory functions to top management and the Audit Committee of the Board on matters relating to organisational Audits and Risks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and review operational and management systems, policies and guidelines;
- Oversee the development and implementation of fraud investigation strategy;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a risk assessment framework;
- Develop and review audit techniques and procedures;
- Develop and review internal controls;
- Develop audit plans, setting targets and budgets;
- Publish audit reports;
- Interpret prevailing policies for sound auditing principles, practices and controls;
- Compile periodic management audit reports;
- Preparing and submitting audit reports to the Board Audit Committee;
- Report on the implementation of annual audit work plans to the Board Audit Committee;
- Providing secretarial services to the Board Audit Committee;
- Develop and monitor performance targets;
- Manage and develop staff in the Department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any relevant field from a recognized institution;
- CPA (K), Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a Certified Information System Auditor (C.I.S.A) from a recognised institution;
- Be Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
Experience and Competencies:
- At least eight (8) years’ relevant working experience, three(3) of which must be at management level;
- High integrity and professional standards;
- Outstanding professional competence in legal audit frame work as reflected in work performance and results;
- Communication skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
a) Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
b) All applicants MUST
(i) Complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained HERE from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(ii) In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date.
c) Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
e) Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
f) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification Authority,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
On/or before 31st January, 2018.