A well-established Manufacturing company is looking for a motivated and result oriented candidate to fill the below position in their audit department:
Job Title: Internal Auditor Associate (1)
Job Ref: IA1/01/2018
We are looking for an objective Internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of audit, control, and governance processes.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
- Actively participate on internal audit process responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting results of financial, compliance, operational, and strategic internal audits. This includes
> Analysing processes and controls
> Testing and Preparing working papers
> Identifying improvement opportunities
- Developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls, improve business processes, and verify that proper internal control safeguards are in place
- Assist in the preparation of reports to communicate the results and recommendations to management
- Assist with the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Participate in consultative assessments and special projects as needed.
- Participate in internal audits or special projects conducted by outside consultants.
- Provides input and assists the Auditor in charge with planning and organizing department activities, risk assessment, and annual internal audit plan.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Work in a professional team atmosphere that focuses on collaboration, accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong business judgment and the highest level of integrity.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Ability to work in high pressure domestic environments
- Understanding of internal controls and control frameworks.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of issues
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic –inquisitive
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage highly confidential information
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibilities for own actions and keeps commitments.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies supervisor with alternate plan.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years’ experience in internal auditing
- CPA or CIA certification a must
- Knowledge of accounting best practices
How to Apply
If you believe you are upto the challenge and have the qualifications and experience to match this role, please submit your application via email with subject of the position applied for with detailed curriculum vitae, stating your current position,current and previous remuneration, email, telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees.
The applications without the above requirements will not be considered.
DO NOT attach any other certificates at this point.
Your application must be received by January 13th 2018 addressed to:
The Recruiting Team