Job Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer – Design Engineer
- Design and preparation of technical drawings for Fabrication Works, Marine works, Ship building and repairs.
- Generate detailed engineering designs, review, and interpret design drawings.
- Inspect equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations.
- Provide technical support and instruction to staff or customers regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific and difficult in-service engineering.
- Optimize production of technical drawings, designs, plans, using computer-aided design (AutoCAD) software.
Reporting to: Engineering Bureau Manager – Civil / Mechanical Engineering
Project or General Employment: General Employment
General description of work and conditions.
- Site visit for material and work monitoring, evaluation and estimation.
- Costing and estimation of steel materials and structures.
- Develop method statements and prepare costing.
- Preparation of cost estimates, BoQs and tender documents.
- Review of designs submitted by the structural consultant for any errors and rectify.
Education and Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered Engineer with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Over 5 years’ experience, knowledge in Drafting and drawings, preparation and interpretation.
- Experience in Design of Mechanical works, Oil & Gas.
- Engineering design optimization using AutoCAD, plant 3D, other Engineering software.
- Experience in estimation with analytical knowledge on quantity verifications as per design changes.
- Strong conceptualizing, creative skills, ability to generate ideas and concepts.
- Well-developed communication and collaborative skills
- Analytical thinking.
- Organizational awareness.
- Comprehensive experience creating design models and drawings.
- Team working.
- Representative behaviour.
- Alertness and availability.
- Cultural differences awareness.
- Extroverted and analytical thinker.
- Disciplined in work approach.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.