Urgent Vacant Positions
A fast growing micro finance institution is urgently seeking to fill in positions outlined below
Position: Debt Collection Officer
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Other Relationships: Marketing, Credit, Customer Service, HR, Finance & IT
Role Profile: The Credit Operations Officer – Your will be responsible for end to end collections and recoveries for unsecured debt as well as initiating legal action on secured debt.
This is a varied role and you will need to have a good understanding of litigation. You will work closely with a small professional, but fun team in an engaging culture with low turnover.
You will be pro-active with your ability to solve problems and look at issues holistically.
There are also opportunities for career progression in this role.
- Initiate legal action (default notices) where necessary for both secured and unsecured debt.
- Complete legal action on all unsecured debt.
- Liaison with our vendors.
- Arrange payment of all invoices not limited to property consultants, Lawyers, Accountants, Valuers
- Responsible for outsourcing written off files to external collections agencies
- Responsible for payment and maintaining register of all payments made by external collections agencies
- To be successful in this role you will have proven collections/recoveries experience ideally from the banking/Micro finance industry.
Further, your skills will include:
- Experience in early stage collections– secured and unsecured debts
- Sound knowledge of industry changes and legislative requirements
- Ability to manage complex business banking customer connections on a day to day basis
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills
- Driving both Vehicles and motor bikes
- Strong data entry and high attention to detail
- Ensure excellent customer service delivery and customer delight in all Branches.
Minimum qualifications, experience & competencies required:
- Diploma in Business Management, Administration or Social Science from a reputable University.
- Fully conversant with micro-credit and SME lending in the Kenyan business environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and records.
- Demonstrable People Management experience in a lending environment.
- High integrity and dependability.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships in a multi-functional environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Credit collection position gained from a Banking or Financial Institution with demonstrable ability in providing guidance in all areas of credit operations including processes, systems & models.
- Strong presentation skills including excellent oral communication skills, passion to make yourself understood and engaging in a pleasant way.
- People Management skills a must.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job title in the subject field to email@example.com.
Deadline of application is 26th January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.