Risk Officer– Microfinance
Our client is a fast growing micro-finance banking institution located in Nairobi offering comprehensive financial products and service.
They seek to hire a competent individual to fill the role of a Risk Officer.
He or she will manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess measure, manage and report risks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, assess and monitor risk on an ongoing firm-wide and individual entity basis and support in the implementation of internal controls which are effective in design and operation.
- Undertake quality control reviews for the business units to ensure consistent implementation of policy and processes across all business units and identify any gaps, challenges and improvement measures.
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall risk profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Board Risk Management Committee on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations.
- Communicate board and regulatory responses or directives to business units.
- Monitor adherence to compliance, Anti Money Laundering ( AML) and Know your client (KYC) standards
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments. These include snap checks and other management monitoring checks / toolkits.
- Manage the process of developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Implement and manage the risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain management reports, follow up of issues identified for conclusive resolution
- Conduct compliance and risk assessment of key business areas as well as for new products / business changes to ensure risk and control adequacy, evaluation, process and adequate business risk profile.
- Undertake training to staff on inherent risks and controls in the processes within their control.
- Management Executive Committees reports evaluation and monitor against business strategy and regulatory requirements
- Identifying current and emerging risks
- Developing risk assessment and measurement systems
- Establishing policies, practices and other control mechanisms to manage risks
- Developing risk tolerance limits for Management and board approval
- Reporting results of risk monitoring to Management and the board.
- Oversight over the credit process including approval of credit facilities.
- Oversight on loan provisioning process and remedial management.
- Independent oversight over the Bank’s Assets and Liabilities Committee with regard to risk management measures and policy decisions.
- Periodic review and update of the risk management policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree with relevant experience in risk management
- Experience working in a banking institution or CBK regulated Microfinance Institution with particular emphasis in risk management
- Detailed understanding of Banking processes, Risk, Regulatory & Compliance policies and requirements
- Result oriented individual taking the lead in operational process reengineering, providing direction on new product & business initiatives, project governance, process reviews and risk assessments.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills
- In depth knowledge and experience of the practical application of risk MI systems and methodologies, including experience of risk and control assessment and risk reporting.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Risk Officer- Microfinance) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday, 17th January 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager, 4th floor
Mayfair Suites, Parklands Road, Westlands