FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the below positions for the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley project.
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports To: Senior Data Manager / Senior M&E Officer
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
Requisition / Job ID: 2018200041
1 Position – Turkana-Lodwar
JOB SUMMARY: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer assists in the coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities of the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley at county, sub county, facility and community level, focusing specifically on capacity building of health care workers, SCHRIO on DHIS2, implementing partners staff on programs systems for collecting data for measuring project implementation, quality assurance, documentation and reporting.
The position contributes to the implementation of M&E activities in accordance with guidelines stipulated by USAID and GOK.
The position provides regular updates to project staff on progress towards implementation of the work plan, and designing M&E methods for demonstrating program outcomes and impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate collection of program activity data to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness within assigned sub counties Ensure sub counties/implementing partners have a functional system for data collection, management, analysis and synthesis of monitoring data in line with GOK/USAID requirements
- Ensure that implementing partners/health care workers understand USAID/GOK reporting requirements including use of tools, indicator definitions and reporting through continuous job training/mentorship,
- Continuously identify data tools requirements and provide logistical support to ensure constant availability of approved standardized tools to facilities and partners in assigned sub counties.
- Building capacity of partners and health care workers in data management including basic analysis and use of data for program improvement,
- Disseminate program results at sub county progress review meetings and other stakeholder forums,
- Build skills and capacity of SCHMTs and partners to ensure data quality including ability to conduct Routine Data Quality Assessments,
- Provide technical updates on reporting and dissemination of national guidelines to districts and implementing partners
- In liaison with the Senior Data Managers support implementation of DHIS2, EMR, national prevention systems, and program databases at sub county, facility and community level
- Conduct routine support supervisory visits implementing partners and facilities
- Write quarterly progress reports on M&E activities in assigned sub counties
- Carry out adhoc analysis and mining of program data
- Advice and promote best practices in monitoring and evaluation.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Experience in setting up data bases,
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR/GOK reporting requirements
- Good planning and high level organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines,
- Demonstrated team player with ability to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, implementing partners, government staff, etc.
- Well-developed and written and oral communication skills
- Advanced data analysis and presentation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in database management,
- Experience in training and capacity building using adult learning methods,
- Experience in data analysis and presenting statistical reports for different audiences
- Keen to maintain data security and data quality systems
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
MS/MA/MPH in biostatistics, public health, social science or a related field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience or BS/BA in relevant field with at least 5-7 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Power Point including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Stata, and Ms Access.
Demonstrated experience with the Ministry of Health Management Information Systems and ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to CLICK HERE to apply online or register online through FHI 360’s Career Center www.fhi360.org/careers and key in the Job / Requisition ID where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Applications to be received not later than February 9th 2018.
Locals from the regions mentioned above are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.