Self Help Africa is seeking an energetic and dynamic team to oversee the implementation of an ambitious new agribusiness development project implemented in partnership with and Imani Development Limited in Kenya.
Kenyan Initiative for Long-term Integration of Market Operators in Value Chains (KILIMO – VC)
KILIMO-VC is a EUR 24m five-year agribusiness support programme that is part of the European Union’s Kenya-AgriFI programme that supports productive, adapted and market integrated smallholder agriculture, including a contribution to the Africa Investment Facility.
The overall objective of the KILIMO-VC programme is to improve the capacity of 100,000 smallholder farmers/pastoralists to practise environmentally sustainable and climate-smart agriculture as a business in inclusive value chains.
Self Help Africa (SHA) and Imani Development are the fund managers for the programme which aims to deliver:
- 10,000 net equivalent jobs within sustainable agri-enterprises
- A 70% increase in smallholder/ pastoralist production marketed
- At least 20,000 hectares under climate-smart land management practices.
- Increased turnover for at least 50 agri-enterprises
- Increased incomes for at least 100,000 smallholders/ pastoralists as agri-enterprises expand in their markets
- 90,000 households with increased dietary diversity and decision-making power of female farmers
Self Help Africa is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa.
We have 50 years of experience working with smallholder farmers, farmer associations, cooperatives and agribusinesses across Africa to help farmers grow and sell more food, improve diets, diversify incomes and make their livelihoods more sustainable and resilient to external shocks.
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant works with the SHA M&E Coordinator to ensure effective planning, implementation and reporting of monitoring, evaluation and learning related activities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for developing programme related M&E systems, building the capacity of staff and implementing partners, communicating M&E information, documentation and reporting related to the KILIMO-VC programme.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in a donor funded Project.
- Excellent knowledge and practice of project cycle management.
- Demonstrated skills in result-based M&E frameworks, indicators tracking, M&E systems development, Development of data collection tools and report writing and familiarity with database management and statistical analysis.
- Practical/ Field experience in data collection, analysis & data quality control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Project planning & Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or other related discipline.
CLICK HERE to download a detailed job description.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to download and complete the application form.
Completed forms, with a cover letter, should be returned to email@example.com with your name and position applied for in the subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is not later than Close of Business on Wednesday 7th February 2018.
Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Self Help Africa is an equal opportunities employer