Our client is a leading content production company which specializes in delivering end to end creative and production solutions for productions ranging from TVCs, Documentaries, Animation, TV shows amongst others.
They are urgently seeking for a highly motivated and self-driven candidate to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Motion Graphics Designer / Animator
- Working creatively to produce original and aesthetically pleasing designs and solutions
- Liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative
- Designing models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects and the animation environment
- Developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Using technical software packages, such as Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Softimage and Cinema 4D
- Building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals
- Recording dialogue and working with editors to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and graphics) in order to produce the finished piece
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients’ commercial requirements
- Working as part of a broader production team, which might include liaising with printers, copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives, website designers or marketing specialists
- Researching for best ways to execute ideas and new ways of telling a story
- Keeping up with technology and its continual evolution especially in the arena of animation
- Working closely with the rest of the production team and support in the daily operation and functioning of the production team
- Maintaining a balance between efficiency, creativity and quality
- Working under high pressure and able to offer a quick turnaround for tight deadlines
Skills and Competencies
- A Diploma in Graphic design with 2-3 years working experience or in lieu of this, 5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Ability to multi task projects with varying deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Ability to adhere to the company policy and procedures
- Have a keen eye and attention to detail
- Be self-motivated and have high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 5th February 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “MOTION GRAPHIC DESIGNER/ANIMATOR”.
Include your daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.