Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Start date: Immediately
Length of contract: 3 month probationary contract with a possibility of a 12 month contract based on performance
Work location: Nairobi Kenya
The selected candidate will be reporting to Workshop supervisor / Manager.
Main Purpose: Perform the servicing, maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and other engines according to MSF protocols to ensure that vehicles are in perfect running conditions.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Perform maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles to ensure. they are in perfect condition for their use
- Perform maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook.
- In the case of a breakdown, make a diagnosis, inform to the line manager and after approval carry out any repairs needed.
- Carry out repair works of other mechanical equipment.
- Manage the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out a physical stock inventory, making any orders necessary for renewing the stock, avoiding any shortage and ensuring security stocks.
- Be responsible of the equipment and tools, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary, keeping the inventory updated.
- Follow up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents).
- Report to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles.
- Reporting- produce monthly reports on generators and fleet maintenance/repair progress and other major concern
Education: Essential diploma on mechanics or related studies.
Experience: Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years experience)
Languages: Mission language and local language.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 31st January 2018 to http://uhired.me/job/167
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)