Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland, Dadaab Programme
Vacancy: Medical Doctor
Based in Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp. MSF provides a full package of medical care through 4 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT.
Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.
Package: Attractive package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Supportive learning environment within a large, dynamic International Medical Humanitarian Organization with dedicated career paths for proven staff.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
Main Tasks include:
- Conduct daily ward rounds on all patients in Adult ward (Both Medical & Surgical).Ensure timely emergency review of patients in this department when needed/indicated.
- Ensure timely review of all ER emergency cases.
- Conduct bi-weekly General outpatient clinic for cases booked in ER (Electives).
- Perform all surgical procedures for patients in Adult ward & ER (outpatient cases) in accordance with the MSF Dagahaley surgical theatre capacity list.
- Actively participate in the projects quality of care activities such as CMEs, Case reviews, Mortality audits & rational prescription audits. Provide technical support to palliative care clinical officer.
- Emergency preparedness team member: Attend to any mass emergency/casualties in the project area.
- Actively participate in disease surveillance and reporting by ensuring timely reporting of diseases of outbreak potential or any abnormal disease pattern noted.
- Ensure on job and theoretical training to the Clinical officers and nursing team in the department in collaboration with the Hospital Director &/Nursing activity manager.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenyan national
- Preference to Recognized Medical Doctor Degree.
- 2 years post graduate experience related to the degree (preferably tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, paediatrics, AE, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with MSF preferably or with other INGO
- Registered and licensed to practise by the Kenya Medical and Dentists Board.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
Due to the nature of the work, an ability to speak Somali could be a strong advantage
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter outlining HOW you fulfill each of the requirements in bullet point on or before 21h January 2018, to http://uhired.me/job/158
Due to the high volumes of applications received, we regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.