Job Ref No. HR/03/18
Position Title: Database Administrator
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Head of Infrastructure
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for administering, maintaining, developing & implementing policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata & DataGuard & SQL Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank standards
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the database system and implementing or recommending the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s Oracle& SQL databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation in line with Bank policy
- Manage and configure VIO client partitions, devices, V7000 & DS4700 storage.
- Automate tasks involving creation of scripts to run backups and monitor databases.
- Offer 24/7 databases support; provide rapid resolutions to database downtime and escalate issues to line manager & vendor as appropriate
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Database Administrator.
- Experience in a Financial Institution will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of physical database design.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backups and recovery scenarios.
- Knowledge in Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Exadata, MS SQL & DataGuard Administration.
- Knowledge of Unix, Enterprise Linux administration & Exadata management will be an added advantage.
- Oracle Certified Expert/Oracle Certified Master will also be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge on OBIEE& other BI tools.
- Proven experience on data warehouse management & ETL processes.
- Good communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: email@example.com by 31st January 2018
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.