Job Ref No. HR/002/18
Position Title: Senior Relationship Manager, Large Commercial
Available Positions: One (1)
Division: Corporate Banking Division
Reporting to: Head Commercial Banking
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for on boarding, managing existing and new Large commercial clients, integrating and co-ordinating all Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationships while ensuring profitability for the Bank and the Client.
- Provide advice on promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customised to best meet the financial needs of Large Commercial customers.
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the Bank
- Mine and analyse customer data to identify and plan for expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Provide an efficient central advisory/information/ query handling service point for the portfolio.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service operations and credit functions.
- Interact frequently and closely with all clients to analyse needs, assist clients to better understand their financial requirements and tailor creative products to meet individual customer segment needs.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Explain and structure / customise credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
- Work closely with Credit Analysts, Credit Managers and Head of Corporate Credit to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risks, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Notify customer promptly regarding the approval/ decline of credit loan facilities, and explore suitable alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.
- Monitor referrals daily to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit and exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigating strategies
- Manage a team of Relationship Managers to ensure that work standards and quality work output targets are set, achieved and maintained.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- At least Eight (8) years experience in Business / Commercial Banking relationship management of which five (5) must be in management level.
- Good knowledge of Banks products, services, procedures and policies, especially KYC & Anti-Money Laundering procedures.
- Formal training in relationship management & credit/lending knowledge is an added advantage
- Experience in a sales /customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 31st January 2018.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.