The Nature Conservancy Africa
Job Title: Communications Manager, Africa Region
Summary: The Communications Manager, Africa Region, develops, manages, and implements communication that facilitates comprehension, adoption, and advancement of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Essential Functions: The Communications Manager will be part of the Africa region’s marketing and communications team and will be
based either in Nairobi, Kenya, or Cape Town, South Africa.
S/he will be responsible for creating communications tools for use with targeted, influential audiences across the Africa region, including programs in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Gabon, Seychelles, and South Africa.
S/he will stay abreast of regional communications needs and develop materials, including fact sheets, video scripts, event displays, presentations for executive staff, and messaging documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading printed or online content for targeted audiences.
- Experience using social media, ideally as a professional communications tool.
- Fluency in English required, both verbal and written.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Superior writing skills and a rigorous attention to detail. (Writing samples will be required of all final candidates.)
- Multicultural or cross—cultural experience in multiple countries in Africa.
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign software.
How to Apply
For full Job profile and to apply please visit http://careers.nature.org and search for Job Id 46095
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online.
All applications must be submitted in the system prior to end of day 12Th February 2018.