Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Tatu City Kenya
Nova Pioneer is looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the organisation’s MD and Directors.
The Executive Assistant position is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and well-organized individual to assist our Leadership team in the smooth running of Nova Pioneer in Kenya.
The position supports the MD and other Kenya-based Directors. The position will initially be based at the Nova Pioneer Network Office in Westlands but will require travel between schools from time to time.
The Executive Assistant will split his/her time between the MD and Kenya-based leadership. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer: Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration.
Learn more about our learning approach on our website.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintain the MD’s Google calendar, scheduling meetings, calls, virtual/teleconferences, and attend to meeting logistics so that meetings are started on time with full participation
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders telephonically, in person and in writing through the drafting of letters, memorandums, reports, and emails
- Coordinate travel and accommodation for the MD and Directors
- Handling petty cash
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
- Provide administrative services and take minutes for various meetings when required
- Follow up and liaise with the MD’s direct reports on strategic and operational matters
- Receive guests and/or visitors for the MD and Directors as well as any other visitors in the network office
- Assist in managing Board Member communications and meetings
- Draw up relevant documents in preparation for meetings and engagements
- Run some personal errands and admin for the MD
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and require
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- A bachelor’s degree or a Certificate in Office Administration/Management would be advantageous
- You have 5+ years as an Executive Assistant, preferably to a MD of an established startup or large company
- You are experienced and proficiency with the Google software suite (Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, G Mail, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You have excellent organizational, planning and time management skills – you are able to handle many moving parts while maintaining high standards of excellence
- You demonstrate capacity to analyze complex situations and solve problems
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide a clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leadership team
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious
- You have the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- You are proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to work
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
If so, then apply Here:
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page.
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications for this role will close on 14 February 2018. All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within a week after this closing date. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Working at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary.
We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life.
We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better.
There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.