Olivado EPZ Limited is an agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and also export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers.
We are looking for a qualified Fruit Reception Attendant who will be engaged on a contract basis.
The ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications and be ready for the specified tasks.
- Minimum Diploma in Agriculture / Horticulture / Food Science or related discipline.
- At least 1 year working experience in quality management in a food industry.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, BRC, FSSC, ISO 22000-2005, GG and other food management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on daily tasks, keen and articulate on details.
- Experience in avocado packaging will be an added advantage.
- To ensure that all personnel working in the avocado receiving area and those feeding packing lines know their responsibility and are fully trained.
- To oversee the smooth running and repairs of all machinery in the fruit receiving area of the Packhouse.
- To participate in quality control including raw material assessment and sampling.
- To ensure that all fruits received have attained the clear to pick time and that they are mature as per quality specification.
- To train workers involved in produce reception on hygiene requirements and raw material reception and handling procedures.
- To complete Transport vehicle inspection and maintenance checklist.
- Maintenance of pest control record/ book.
- Ensuring that hygiene instructions and procedures are implemented at the reception area.
- Inspection of weighing balances and trolleys before use to ascertain that they are in good working order.
- Weighing of received fruits from each consignment and preparation of good received note.
- Maintenance of clean working environment by ensuring all waste is appropriately disposed in good time.
- Other duties allocated by the pack house manager.
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application together with scanned copies of qualification certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th January 2018.