Internship for a Technician Job Advertisement
Olivado EPZ Limited is an agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and also export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers.
We are looking for a qualified technician who will be engaged on a contract basis.
The ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications and be ready for the specified tasks.
- Minimum Diploma in Agriculture engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 1 year working experience in plant maintenance.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, BRC, FSSC, ISO 22000-2005, GG and other food management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on daily tasks, keen and articulate on details.
- Experience in avocado packaging will be an added advantage.
- In charge of supervising the routine and corrective maintenance of the factory / pack house machines and entire production machines.
- Advise other staff on maintenance requirements.
- Trains newly recruited staff and conduct refresher trainings for workers involved in the factory maintenance works and consequently maintains training attendance records.
- Reports any anomaly in the factory (Civil, mechanical/ electrical) to the Packhouse manager.
- Ensure that effective correction and corrective action arising due to non-compliances observed in the maintenance works are conducted.
- Maintenance of corrective action and preventive maintenance records for all engineering works.
- Supervision of engineering contractors while on site.
- Other duties assigned by the Packhouse manager.
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application together with scanned copies of qualification certificates and testimonials to email@example.com before 29th January 2018.