Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Role Overview: Reporting to the Program Support Division Director or an appropriate team member to whom supervision is delegated, the program assistant provides administrative and program support to the Program Support Division Director, program officers and
That support is provided within the framework of the rules and regulations of the foundation where the program assistant is based.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
The following are expected key competencies and attributes for the incumbent:
- Excel lent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a diverse environment that includes gender, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, language amongst others;
- A strong team player who can work as a member of virtual geographic teams that are located in different geographic locations;
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills;
- Well organized and efficient time manager;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Ability to communicate in French will be an added advantage
The following are the specific roles and responsibilities for the position:
- Provide logistic and administrative support to assigned program staff
- Organize travel and assist in preparation of meetings, conferences, seminars and special events
- Assist with processing grants in Foundation Connect, payments and reports.
- Update Foundation Connect organizational and programmatic records to keep them current
- Under supervision of program officers, conduct occasional research and writing assignments
- Assist with the development and implementation of AfRO’s budget including tracking and reporting on expenditure;
- Providing grant making support including communication with grantees and maintaining up to date grantee information
- Provide support to other OSF programs when assigned
- Participate in continuous learning
- Travel as needed
Minimum Qualifications Required
A graduate degree in administration or similar professional qualification.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
Qualified candidates to send their applications to email@example.com on or before 26th January2018.