The Boma International Hospitality College (BIHC) was established in May 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya.
The college is in partnership with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Luzern, Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training. BIHC is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
In this light the College is strengthening the capacity of its workforce and therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following part-time lecturing positions.
Position Title: Part-Time Instructor / Lecturer
- Introduction to Professional Communication
- F&B Cost Control
- Financial Accounting
- Personal Planning & Development
- Hospitality & Tourism Business Environment
- F&B and Events Management
- Mixology & Bar Management
- Hospitality Laws and Ethics
- Managerial Accounting
- Language (Mandarin)
- Resorts Management & Operation
- Facilities Management & Environment
- Study Skills & Research Techniques
- Human Resource Management
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Culinary Arts
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Courses
Job location: Nairobi
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Courses, the lecturers will create way for a dynamic educational and training approach for BIHC students and seeks to address the current and long-term needs of the industry and its graduates locally and internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities;-
- To complete all associated organization/administrative work, preparation and marking
- To deal with immediate student disciplinary and welfare problems
- To keep and maintain specified student and class records
- To plan, prepare, develop and evaluate courses and course materials, and supervise course provision
- To assist with administration, enrolment, pre-enrolment counselling and identification of customer requirements
- To participate in College activities as requested, including career events, open days and other publicity and public relations events
- To participate and undertake Staff Appraisal, in-service training and industrial updating based on an assessment of individual service needs
- To meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the grade of the appointment
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in course relevant subject
- Master’s degree in course relevant subject or working towards is an added advantage
- Prior experience of teaching in an institution of higher learning is desirable
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards obtaining teaching qualification
- Supervisory skills and working knowledge of the hospitality industry desirable
Skills and Competence
- Possess and maintain sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline and of teaching methods and techniques to work within established teaching programmes in own area
- Possess sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to work within established teaching programmes
- Ability to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students and inspire them to learn
- Familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with colleagues and students
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees one of whom should be former employer, personal contacts such as telephone, e-mail and address should be sent to:-
Boma International Hospitality College (BIHC)
P. O. Box 26601 – 00100
Applications can also be dropped off at Boma International Hospitality College (BIHC) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us by the 31st January 2018 at 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.