Job Title: In-Patient Floor Nurse Manager
Reporting To: Chief Nursing Officer
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing, updating and training on policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel policies and procedures in IN-PATIENT and MARTERNITY department.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing guidelines and standards of care; enforcing adherence to
- The Nursing Council of Kenya code of practice and regulations provided for in Nurses’ Act Cap 257 of Kenyan Laws.; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Maintains nursing staff by participating in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training nurses and Patient Assistants in IN-PATIENT and MARTERNITY department.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning/allocating nurses and Patient Assistants; following up on their work results in IN-PATIENT and MARTERNITY department.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- BSc. Nursing degree.
- 2 Years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated intention to advance professionally.
- Sound leadership and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Honest and of high integrity.
- Effective communicator.
- Computer literate.(word, Excel, Power point and e-mail)
How to Apply
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Oasis Specialist Hospital, Kisii and should be addressed to:
The Human Resource,
Oasis Specialist Hospital,
P.O. Box 1574 – 40200
Online applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for and salary expectations clearly indicated on the subject line, attach CV only on or before COB 10th January, 2018 and thereafter interviews on 12th January 2018.