Job Vacancy: Coordinator, EOAI Regional (Eastern Africa) Secretariat
Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM Kenya) Association is hosting the Regional Secretariat for the Ecological Organic Agriculture for Eastern Africa.
PELUM Kenya seeks to fill the position of the Coordinator for the EOAI Regional Secretariat.
The recruited officer will be responsible for coordinating the operations of the Regional Secretariat and will be hosted at PELUM Kenya Country Office, Thika, Kenya.
The application are invited from qualified candidates from within Eastern Africa countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi)
The ideal candidate should have the following desired qualifications and minimum requirements:
- At least a Masters Degree in sustainable development environmental management disciplines and agriculture related courses including organic agriculture. Those with higher, relevant and compensating experiences will also be considered.
- Have proven ability to work smoothly with multi-stakeholder platforms in the government and Civil society sector. Those with experience in working with networks of primary beneficiaries (farmers, students. communities etc) and CSOs will have an added advantage.
- Have at least 5 years of proven experience and demonstrable skills in fundraising through resource mobilization and proposal writing.
- Have at least 5 years proven experience and demonstrable skills in working for busy and reputable national or regional networks.
- Be computer literacy and proven ability in the general use of Microsoft Computer packages, internet and emails.
- Have good skills in report writing for multiple audience categories.
- Must be willing to grow the Eastern Africa EOA Initiative Cluster to a vibrant platform for networking in Agroecology and take on the challenge of mobilizing resources for the initiative.
- Have proven communication, public speaking, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Be fluent in English Ability to speak French will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications stating current and expected salary and a detailed CV with a contact mobile phone number and names and contacts of three referees to email@example.com with the subject EOAI Coordinator to reach by 26th January. 2018.
Applicants should NOT attach any scanned copies of certificate or testimonials.
Only short listed applicants will be acknowledged.
For more information about PELUM Kenya and EOAI, please visit the websites www.pelum.net and www.eoai-africa.org.
PELUM Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.