The Rural Electrification Authority, a State Corporation established under the Energy Act No. 12 of 2006, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of Kenya. It is also the lead agency in the development and promotion of renewable energy in Kenya.
Through its mandate, the Authority seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Authority has endeavoured to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities now have electricity.
Moving forward, the Authority will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
The Authority is looking for experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill vacancies in the organization. The applicants must be self-driven individuals who are focused and committed to driving the REA mandate.
They will work with their departmental teams in spearheading/embracing innovations, work ethics and must possess high level of integrity.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following position:
Principal Internal Auditor
One (1) Post on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and update appropriate risk management and internal control framework for REA;
- Review audit reports for all risk based audits conducted by Internal Audit staff and following up implementation of the audit recommendations;
- Develop Audit Plan and schedules;
- Summarize all the audit reports for presentation to the Audit Committee;
- Prepare discussion papers on the recommendations of the Audit Committee for presentation at the Board meetings;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department;
- Prepare draft Board management papers for the Manager Internal Audit approval Prepare the departmental service charter;
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget and work plan of the Internal Audit department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Commerce –Accounting or Finance Option or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in relevant field from a recognized institution;
- CPA, ACCA, CA OR Registered Engineer ;
- Qualification in CIA or CISA are an added advantage;
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing. OR Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) in good standing;
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies:
- Five (5) years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years at management level;
- Prior experience managing a unit in a busy environment;
- High integrity and professional standards;
- Outstanding professional competence in legal audit frame work as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong leadership, planning and supervisory skills;
- Communication skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Meet the provisions of the chapter six of the constitution.
a) Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
b) All applicants MUST
(i) Complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained HERE from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(ii) In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date.
c) Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
e) Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
f) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification Authority,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
On/or before 31st January, 2018.