Job Vacancy: Procurement Operations Analyst
Purpose of job:
- To get clear understanding of supplier capacities / reliability in order to capture / highlight any supply issues in advance and manage supply risks.
- To work closely with Technical in establishing continuous supplier quality improvement.
- To engage more closely with materials planning to create operational alignment / integration between planning and procurement.
- To work with category buyers in building and managing supplier relationships by working closely suppliers – prioritizing the strategic suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop robust relationships with strategic vendors. Establish, define and govern the relationship to ensure we get the best service and there is mutual benefit to both parties.
- Understanding supplier capacity and capability to proactively identify supply risks and impact to the business.
- Regular visits to suppliers to ensure consistency of capability.
- To set up regular monthly business review to update suppliers on performance.
- Continuously monitor the performance of the supplier base and develop action plans to rectify poor performance.
- Work closely with materials planning team to ensure materials are supplied as planned.
- Work with suppliers to improve performance in all areas.
- Keeping a close eye on details around quality issues working with suppliers to ensure adherence to agreed Agrees Quality Levels
- Male/Female with 1st degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Good Analytical Skills and strong Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) Skills
- At least three years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing set up
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
Salary: Commensurate to experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting POA12018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.