Vacant Position: Production Supervisor – FMCG
Nature of Job: Full Time
Job Summary: Our client based in Nakuru; manufactures animal feeds. They seek to recruit a Production Supervisor with good experience in a manufacturing industry mostly food industry.
The ideal candidate has supervisory experience in a busy manufacturing set up with background in food science or Animal nutrition.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan a production schedule for the production team
- Implement and control the production schedule
- Review and adjust the schedule where needed
- Determine the human resources required
- Determine the material resources required
- Supervise the production line overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule
- Participate in the formulation of grist to produce products of the required specification at minimum costs
- Ensure operating units are producing at optimum extractions within quality specifications
- Set production targets for the various products and continuously align them to prevailing requirements/conditions.
- Ensure proper maintenance of Plant and Machinery.
- Ensure optimum stock holding of all materials and spares consistent with requirements
- Ensure that Safety, Health and Environment regulations and rules are adhered to
- Ensure site is operating within the agreed budget work performance of staff including their deployment, Learning and development and welfare in line with company policy.
- Ensure that the product’s standards are well maintained
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
- Set product quality standards
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Determine and implement improvements to the production process
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
- Estimate production costs and work to reduce production cost
- Degree or Diploma in Food Science, Food Technology, Animal Health/ Nutrition or any other related field
- 3 plus years’ experience as a Production Supervisor in a busy food manufacturing company
- Knowledge and experience of animal nutrition will be an added advantage
- knowledge of raw materials
- Knowledge of ISO 22000
- Computer skills
- Supervisory skills
- knowledge of quality systems and standards
- knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- knowledge of process improvement techniques
- knowledge of machines and tools
- Time management
- Attention to details
- Communication skills
Note: Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.