Job Title: General Manager – Real Estate
The Manager will work with the team to provide leadership in growing the business portfolio to achieve company objectives, while applying best practices in customer, office and people management.
- Will be responsible to provide the financial and non-financial objectives.
- Will be responsible to provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff toward the achievement of the organization’s mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Ensures the company grows its revenues and is profitable.
- Execute and develop annual plans including evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
Business Growth responsibilities – 70%
- The overall in- charge of the day to day running of the company and its growth. This entails growing Sales and Lettings and Property Management.
- Work alongside the Directors to review and implement the company’s strategic plan.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.
- Train the sales and marketing staff on all business development aspects.
- Work as a team with sales and marketing executive to generate revenue.
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activities and results every week for discussion with top management.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver within agreed budget.
- Liaise with media and advertising to create company visibility to the target market.
- Make sales presentations to corporate, individuals and institutions.
- Maintain good client relationships trough deliberate search for customer feedback.
- Attend contractual meetings with client with other relevant authorities as required.
- This shall involve personal sales and lettings from time to time.
Administrative Duties – 30%
- Develop and implement clear office systems, procedures, and policies to ensure efficiency and objectivity.
- Oversee and monitor the assets and internal control systems and consult with management on the adequacy and/or need for reviewing the existing policies and systems.
- Oversee the preparation and review of annual company budgets and quarterly forecasts preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Provides adequate written communication to keep all company employees and stakeholders appropriately informed.
- Oversee the purchasing of all office supplies, computers and equipment upon approval by DIRECTORS.
- In charge of hiring, orientation employees, training, leave administration and settling disciplinary matters and grievances.
- In accordance with Company’s policies, reviews all established goals and objectives with property managers in a timely manner.
- Makes annual salary recommendations based on overall performance ratings for property managers, and reviews and approves property managers’ salary recommendations for the management office staff.
Education, Professional Qualification and Experience
- A graduate from recognized university with a degree in business related field.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years’ progressive management experience in real estate necessary.
- Sound knowledge of the of the property market.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, send your application quoting the job title (General Manager) on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org