Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
The Society is the Principal Recipient of Global Fund HIV Grant and seeks to fill the following positions
Position Title: Regional Grants Officer
Reporting to: Regional Programs Coordinator
Job location: Isiolo and Garissa
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Regional Programs Coordinator, the Grants Officer will be responsible for coordination and management of all financial aspects of the GF program in the Region by operationalizing program grants management systems to ensure there is full compliance with contract obligations and that all funds utilized are well documented, accounted for and reported.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational support in the implementation of an integrated Grants and Quality Assurance systems (GQAs) for the GF programme operations in the Region aimed at facilitating decision-making processes and promoting accountability.
- Grants and contract Management, compliance enforcement and coordination of financial aspects of the GF program in the Region to ensure the program achieves full contract compliance and that the program effectively interprets and operationalize the contract requirements.
- Ensure that all targets financed are fully contracted in line with funds allocation per service area, funds are utilized as per approved budget, are adequately documented, accounted for and within the program period.
- Coordinate Program audits to Principal Recipient (KRCS) and Sub-Recipients in liaison with the Finance and Internal Audit Departments.
- Manage Financial Documentation and reconciliations for optimal grants reporting by PR and SRs.
- Monitor and track the utilization of Principal Recipient (KRCS) and Sub Recipients’ capital and operational expenditure against approved plans and ensure compliance.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Provide Continuous Technical Assistance to the Sub-Recipients of the region and enforcing compliance to all relevant statutory and donor requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualifications.
- Over three years relevant experience in areas of grant management coupled with programme management including Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Previous work in HIV and or Health grant programs will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Ability to build alliances and promote open communication and collaboration to achieve joint objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 2nd February, 2018.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of credentials and names and contacts of three referees.