Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
The Society is the Principal Recipient of Global Fund HIV Grant and seeks to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Regional Programme Coordinator
Job location: Kisumu & Garissa
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Regional Programme Coordinator, the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for providing operational support for all M&E activities in the GF programme in the Region.
S/he will lead M&E capacity building for the Sub Recipients’ technical reporting, ensure data quality, completeness, use and build the capacity for effective M&E system.
S/he will ensure that the Grant’s M&E outputs meets the needs of the Grant, are synchronized into the national HIV M&E System and maintain accountability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor project implementation to ensure timely and quality implementation of projects vis-à-vis approved work plans, targets and contracts and organize periodic joint grant performance review meetings.
- Ensure regular communication and timely feedback the Sub-Recipients on quarterly and semi-annual reporting issues including timeliness, correctness, and availability of all required supporting documents and the overall implementation of the agreed work plans.
- Support the development of log frames, QPMM, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of SR contracts as well as throughout project implementation.
- Conduct monthly review and verification of the Reports from the sub recipients, timely development of reports (quarterly, annual, ad-hoc, grant closure etc.) and analysis of results to incorporate lessons learnt into recommendations into the programme.
- Provide technical support on program and M&E initiatives in the region including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, proper data collection, data verification and audits and storage; and ensure timely feedback to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Support partners in setting up functional data management systems and processes, support the assessment processes of Sub recipients and implement actions emanating from such assessments.
- Oversee data processing, including data transfer, entry, verification and cleaning ensuring forms are filed according to compliance protocols; and enhance data demand and use as well as data captured in the DHIS.
- Develop and/or participate in development of guidance and frameworks for regional procedures, policies and processes that will institutionalize and support high quality Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting in programmes.
- Supervise the Mobile Outreach staff to ensure quality and consistency of programme delivery.
- Coordinate with SR program teams to ensure compliance with all program quality, reporting and contract requirements of the programme.
- Support programmatic documentation of best practices, promising practices, case studies and lessons learnt for purposes of knowledge sharing and retention.
- Ensure KRCS/GF Quality Standards and Core Humanitarian Standards are applied where appropriate in programme and projects within the region.
- Provide M&E related support to the GF staff and other programmes in the Region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in M&E, statistics, Public health or equivalent qualifications
- Three years of work experience in leading monitoring and evaluation of Public Health projects and /or HMIS work in Kenya.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, data-base, email and utilization of the Internet
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 2nd February, 2018.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of credentials and names and contacts of three referees.