The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC), provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies.
KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges.
KCIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s InfoDev and is the first in a global network of CICs being launched by InfoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP).
Kenya CIC is funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
We are currently seeking a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the following positios to support the delivery of our mission:
Position: Research Intern
Reporting to: Sustainability Initiative Officer
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for; data collection, data analysis, report writing and ensuring meaningful statistical analysis and techniques are used to infer results on data collected.
The internship role will provide an opportunity to apply statistical concepts learnt in the classroom in a professional setting.
It will also help to improve research and data analysis skills as well as learn to manage and prioritize tasks. You will work alongside experts in sustainable development, natural resource economics, energy, policy and governance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing in-depth research, summarizing documents, and reporting to project team members at all levels;
- Conducting primary and secondary research;
- Providing input to improve the quality of the data collected;
- Maintenance of database(s) for the consolidation of data;
- Developing innovative methodologies and analysis techniques with the research teams;
- Support the Sustainability team with carrying out the Sustainability Initiative program activities;
- Support outreach and educational workshops to create awareness on sustainability;
- Developing multi-media content (press releases, brochures, fact sheets, presentations etc.) for internal and external audiences;
- Assisting the Sustainability team effectively communicate sustainability strategies and successes;
- Assisting the Sustainability team to develop a sustainability roadmap in order to establish goals, deadlines, and mile markers;
- Writing reports that can be understood and interpreted by both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Maintain meticulous research records in the Sustainability center database;
- Assist in the implementation of Sustainability strategy and plans; and
- Other duties as may be assigned;
- Ability to work with independence and flexibility.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Strong Organizational, observational, research and data collection skills.
- Master’s degree in a social science discipline (Statistics, Research) or related subjects.
- Proficiency in a data analytics software e.g. MS Excel, SPSS, STATA, SAS, packages.
- Qualitative research skills (critical reflexivity).
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation.
How to Apply
To apply submit an up to date resume and cover letter detailing experience relevant to the role being applied for, current and expected salary, daytime telephone contacts, valid email address, and names of three professional referees to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, 26th January 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center
Strathmore Business School
Building 3rd Floor
Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka
P.O Box 49162- 00100