Cascade Institute of Hospitality
Job Description: Reporting to the Restaurant Manager. the chef will be responsible for all the kitchen operations, with a brigade of cooks and offering local and Modern Cuisine.
- Plan menus for all food outlets in the restaurant.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of cooks and other kitchen staff to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Should be conversant with Food Safety Management System and/or other management systems.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consults with the Restaurant manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Diploma in Food Production or Culinary Arts from an accredited College
- Five years’ experience in a medium or large size reputable busy restaurant
- Knowledge of computer skills.
To apply, submit your application via email below by 26th, January, 2018.