The Riara Group of Schools is a brand that has been in existence for over four decades and is a leading institution in the education industry.
We are inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market.
We are looking for a vibrant candidate to fill the position of a Graduate Trainee – Internal Audit.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Internal Auditor, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to relate theoretical and practical knowledge of the audit process and perform audits in line with expected international audit standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete process review documentation for specifically assigned audit areas (e.g. pre-audit assessment questionnaire, system narratives and flowcharts);
- Prepare technical documents, work papers and reports that demonstrate an understanding of assigned areas, satisfy audit program steps and effectively support the results of field work;
- Effectively use IA audit tools and resources within assigned areas;
- Adhere to departmental and other relevant external, professional auditing standards (e.g. IIA professional standards);
- Accurately and completely identify and document audit issues;
- Update the status of the previous audit findings on a monthly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the monthly status report for review.
- Perform special audit-related projects as assigned (including compliance reviews).
Skill and Abilities:
- Adept at analyzing and synthesizing information so as to make appropriate recommendations and arrive at sound solutions.
- Attention to detail and strong logical reasoning.
- Strong interaction skills so as to build successful relationships and communicate well and effectively with different audiences.
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills due to involvement in multiple audits and/or projects with varying deadlines.
- Desire to build a career in Internal Audit. Some experience through internships, school projects, or coursework is an added advantage.