RTI is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
RTI is recruiting candidates for an US government – funded program in Kenya.
Around the globe, RTI’s work is helping foster stronger food systems, reduce malnutrition in all its forms, build resilience and
engage the next generation of food security leaders.
RTI is currently partnering on nearly 30 projects in East Africa, including activities focused on private sector-driven agricultural growth in Rwanda and youth employment in Kenya.
To build on these efforts, RTI is currently seeking professionals for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Systems Development (KCDMSD) Activity.
Candidates should be fluent in English.
We are currently accepting CVs / resumes for the following:
Productivity Coordinators (Eldoret, Eastern)
- support Priority Area 2-Diverse Agricultural Production and Improved Productivity;
- participate in a review of innovative extension and input supply models in the area of responsibility identify strengths and weaknesses, and identify potential private sector partners for collaboration and joint investment under the Partnerships and Innovations Fund;
- identify and facilitate interventions to improve farmer access to inputs and input quality;
- build and maintain relationships with county-level public agricultural extension systems;
- work with counties to develop extension strengthening plans;
- Design technical assistance to support sustainable, county-led training programs and information systems;
- identify and coordinate technology demonstration opportunities;
- liaise with Priority Area 1 team to support “lead firms” that are in the inputs sector (may include business planning, management, accounting, inventory, recordkeeping, capacity building, or investment facilitation);
- collaborate with Access to Finance Specialist to enhance financial access for input suppliers and farmers;
- contribute to grants monitoring and evaluation, learning, and reporting; and
- collaborate with staff and partners across all priority areas to ensure cross-fertilization of ideas and coordination of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in agronomy, agricultural economics, or agribusiness field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in agricultural development in Kenya; M4P (or market facilitation) experience required;
- experience working with seed companies, agro dealers, etc. to upgrade/build capacity/expand geographic reach;
- experience facilitating finance for agricultural inputs, linking financial institutions to agro dealers, etc.; and
- knowledge of input sector policy environment (counterfeit seeds, fertilizer subsidies, work with seed trade association of Kenya, etc.).
How to Apply
To apply, please email your CV/resume to email@example.com by 28 January 2018.
Applicants must include POSITION and COUNTY NAME on the subject line.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.