Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Section: Business Services
Department: Operations and Resources
Location / Work station: Kibera / Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Saturday| 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
- Reports to: Facilities and Maintenance Manager
- Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings and equipment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Perform minor repairs in the buildings and sites.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Replace broken windows, repair door, door locks and closets.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly checklists on building and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Support with renovation/remodelling of buildings.
- Maintain the bio-latrine.
- Maintain general hygiene of the main site.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and order parts as needed.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A national certificate in Electrical / Electronic engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Working Knowledge and understanding of plumbing sytems and services.
Other requirements (unique / job specific)
- At least 3 years proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence and reports
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other SHOFCO employees
- Meeting timescales
- Adopting practical approaches
- Managing tasks
- Producing output
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes:
- Following procedures
- Inviting feedback
- Team working
- Interacting with people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 26th January 2018.