Vacant Position: Social Worker
Location: Siaya County
Sustainable Community Opportunities for Restoration and Empowerment (SCORE) is a Child-focused Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose goal is “To reduce the impact of HIV and AIDS among communities of Lake and Nzoia Regions” as envisioned in SDGs
especially SDG 1, 3 & 16 through facilitating community led care for OVC and their households.
SCORE is looking to recruit competent and self-driven Social Workers (SWs) for it’s OVC Project based in Siaya County.
About the role:
- This role will be based at the SCORE Siaya Sub-County satellite offices
- Support the Project grassroots level coordinator in ensuring project quality assurance and measurement of outcomes from the project.
- Ensure a strong linkage exists between Childrens’ Department and SCORE.
- Develop and nurture relationships with relevant stakeholders in the field of Child support and development including local community structures, County Government, Childrens’ Department, MoH, CHVs and other likeminded partners
- In close collaboration with the M&E, ensure accuracy and timeliness of data collected from the CHVs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Sub-County level OVC services
- Collect and collate OVC project reports
- Document best practices and develop periodic relevant reports as required
- Ensures that the beneficiary OVC and their households are adequately served
- Maintain OVC files and records
- Follow up on education issues (e.g. school fees, performance, etc.) and other OVC and household benefits
- Support in identification, recruitment and enrolment of OVC and other Community level Volunteers (e.g. CHVs, etc.)
- Supervise VCOs and CHVs – Conduct capacity assessments, mentorship, OJT and capacity building of CHVs and VCOs.
- Convene and conduct cluster (Sub-County) meetings with the assigned CHVs
- Collect and validate data from CHVs – in charge of data quality
- Conduct sampled household visits on targeted beneficiaries
- Represent the CHVs at the organization (SCORE) meetings
- Conduct the TNA on the CHVs and build their capacity in areas of need.
- Support appropriate referrals of targeted households and OVC.
- Identify the training needs and train the Households as appropriate
- Support the VCOs and CHVs to implement the Case management plans at HH level
- Carry out other SCORE responsibilities as appropriate/called upon (e.g. assisting with kitchen gardens, organizing child recreation, etc.)
- Support the CHVs to complete OVC project paperwork: records of visits and OVC information, with assistance from M&E Officer.
- Confirm with the M&E department for complete details and documentation of OVC and their HHs in the system.
- Attend SCORE meetings and participate with opinions and ideas.
- Facilitates community mobilization and sensitization on project issues.
- Ensure the OVC documentation is up to date – file 100% updated
- Confirmation and validation of follow up on the defaulters and exits.
- Identify networks and links the HHs/ groups appropriately
- Facilitate the HH vulnerability assessment and transition as appropriate.
- Support Linkage of OVC HHs to Community Units for continuum of care.
- Facilitate OVC HTS, follow up and linkage to facility link persons.
- Identification, and assigning the CHVs as facility link persons to support HTS and follow ups.