Job Title: Software Developer
Job Purpose: The Programmer will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our solutions.
Supporting and managing all development and testing environments, completing upgrades and configuration as required and ensuring that all the required systems are up to date at all times, assisting with any required technical support.
- Develop methods for deploying demo environments that mirror client environments for risk mitigation in test and evaluation of
software and hardware solutions.
- Perform engineering, analysis, development and traceability activities in support of the current and future electronic security
- Provide systems engineering, security engineering, network engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions.
- Develop and provide documentation and training to improve adoption and utilization of various technical solutions.
- Prepare technical written reports articulating electronic security systems design, performance, and objectives while maintaining
continual liaison with the technical personnel to facilitate the installation, operation, and maintenance of the systems.
- Deliver on assigned SQL Server Infrastructure projects with participation throughout the project lifecycle
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Conduct research on client/server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement, development and integration efforts.
- Conducts various comparison tests of company solutions in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or
written test plans; maintains accurate records of test
- Determine required network components to ensure data access, as well as data consistency and integrity.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high
levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions and scripts to support internal processes and improve system performance
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server
configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science
- Certification in CCNA or CCNP
- Master’s degree in MIS or Computer Science is an added bonus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Certification in Lenel, Suprema, Bosch, Dallmeir and iPixa is an added advantage
- 3-5+ years MS SQL Server Programming and Administration experience required
- Some ORACLE Database experience an asset
- Experience in customizing queries
- Application development skills is an added advantage
- Experience support SQL Server versions 2005, 2008 and 2012 including Database Engine, Integration Services,
Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Familiarity with firewalls, routers, and layer 2/3 switches, including how they interact with other equipment
- Knowledge of troubleshooting & supporting applications running on Lenel, Suprema, iPixa or Dallmeier
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th January 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted