Starehe Girls Centre
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Fundraising / Sponsorship Officer.
Reporting to: Director
Objective: To provide assistance to the head or the board of the organization in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization
- Assist the Director in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Assist the Director in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Developing strategies and setting goals to hit fundraising targets
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A degree in Business related studies, Communications or International Relations from an accredited university.
- KCSE academic certificates mean Grade C+
- Five years’ experience in fundraising, preferably in an educational set-up.
- Demonstrated management experience of at least three years in a multi-level and cross-cultural relations in an international environment.
How to Apply
Applicants should forward their application letters accompanied by copies of certificates and CVs giving details of their qualifications and experience, names of 3 referees with their day time telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd January, 2018.