Vacancy Advertisement: Insurance Officer
Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness
Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs. 27bn, a loan book of Kshs22bn, and membership of over 100,000 derived from the energy, utilities, education, services, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) among other sectors.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels.
In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for qualified and competent person to fill the following vacancy:
Job Summary: The Sacco seeks an Insurance expert with the overall responsibility of executing the Society’s long-term vision and strategy, policies, development of business plans and company budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Manager Business Development, the job holder will be responsible for:
- Growing the Society’s revenue base through Insurance brokerage fees and commissions among others;
- Implementing strategies, policies and standards relating to Insurance function in line with the Society objectives;
- Promoting the function’s responsibilities focusing on developing Society plans, objectives, strategies, policies, norms and procedures;
- Providing Insurance cover for assets, human resources and potential legal liabilities of the Society;
- Administering Insurance policies including monitoring of claims and recoveries;
- Providing advice on Insurance matters as required;
- Keeping the Society abreast on emerging issues in the Insurance field;
- Negotiating Insurance disputes with customers and other parties with a view to settling them out of court;
- Creating Insurance awareness among the Society staff;
- Facilitating settlements of Insurance claims through Insurance brokers;
- Participating in the procurement of Insurance services for the Society;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.