Position: Study Nurse
Reporting to: Project Coordinator and Principal Investigator
Location: Kerugoya County Referral Hospital
Description: This is a project by the University of Washington / Kenyatta National Hospital Collaborative Research Group looking at the feasibility of screening for diabetes and dyslipidemia among HIV-infected individuals engaged in care.
It entails recruiting eligible individuals, obtaining informed consent, performing rapid blood tests using point-of-care devices and obtaining medical history through patient interviews and medical records review.
- Registered Nurse/Higher Diploma in nursing
- Excellent computer skills
- Past research experience
- Work experience in a HIV comprehensive Care Clinic set-up.
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate regularly with PI via email and Skype
- Excellent skills with mobile technology
- Language skills: fluency in English & Kirinyaga
- Team player with ability to work closely with staff at the site
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and enroll participants into the study
- Collect data per approved Standard Operating Procedures and input into Android tablet system
- Conduct rapid laboratory testing for study participants
- Counsel individuals on diabetes, hypertension and other lifestyle diseases and the importance of screening
- Submit twice-weekly summaries of recruitment and enrollment into the study to the study coordinator
- Participate in twice-weekly phone call with PI and rest of study staff
This is a short-term contract (3 months) renewable upon satisfactory performance and upon mutual agreement.
If interested, kindly apply by completing the application form found at this link by 15 th January 2018: