We are hiring two Financial Analysts!
About Synesis Capital: We are an ambitious start-up in the financial services industry and we play in the corporate finance and investment management space.
Our founders have an extensive track record, networks and experience in the debt and equity capital markets and corporate finance advisory across Africa.
We are a team of 6, working mostly with individual and institutional investors. We are currently preparing the launch of our retail products.
In the course of 2018 we will position our products in the market, ensuring a wide range of Kenyans has access to high-quality investment products. By the end of the year we plan to grow our team to 15 and serve hundreds of clients.
Our current investment projects include real estate and the energy sector among others.
About the role: We are looking for two entrepreneurial, ambitious and smart graduates, who are excited about undergoing training and building their career with us over the next years!
The analysts will support the senior team in all aspects of the advisory and investment work. They will be responsible for carrying out researches both macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions, gathering financial information in order to make business, sector and industry recommendations.
They will model and forecast to make recommendations to senior partners on risk and profits for investments, mergers etc.
Over time, the analysts will take a lead on supervising and implementing investment projects as well.
Your responsibilities will include
General market monitoring and intelligence
- Collect and analyze data, trends and financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions that feed into investment decisions.
- Stay abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect investments.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.
Evaluation of investment opportunities
- In collaboration with the directors, identify a range of viable business opportunities in various industries including construction, housing, energy etc.
- Develop financial models in order to predict business opportunities and risks.
- Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success.
- Compile business proposals for investments. Seek guidance from any experts feeding into these plans.
Managing implementation of investment projects and business assets
- Create project implementation plans for approved investment projects. Benchmark with other businesses in the same industry to ensure you deploy best practices in building these assets.
- Drive implementation of the project, ensuring all milestones are met. Track timelines, budgets and progress. This includes identifying and managing suppliers and service providers.
- Develop and implement a risk management plan.
- Analyze revenues, expenses and risks and suggest steps to manage the assets better.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports and compile all documentation required by relevant authorities.
Any other duties assigned.
Other information: The successful candidates will start in March 2018. You will be based in our Mombasa Road office with occasional travel to meet clients and visit projects. Working hours are Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings.
You should be ready to commit to this role for at least three years. We’ll arrange a 6-month probation period with learning and performance objectives.
Terms: One-year renewable contract, medical cover (for nuclear family) upon confirmation, 7% pension upon confirmation, annual performance bonus.
Want to apply?
First, please have a look at this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide
Fill out the application form under http://bit.ly/JoinSynesisCapital
Upload your CV in PDF format when filling the application form. Please ensure it is no more than 2 pages.
The selection process will include interviews, case studies and personality tests. We promise that you will learn a lot about yourself!
Selection process in collaboration with www.edgeperformance.co.ke