Takaful Insurance of Africa is a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region.
Founded in the year 2008, The Company is the first fully fledged ethically based operator in East and Central Africa. We are founded on ethical principles and justice.
In view of our rapid expansion, we are in the process of recruiting, qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Branch Manager in General Takaful Department.
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Business
Department: General Takaful
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for the operations of the Branch and marketing of the company’s products to Agents, Brokers and Direct to ensure profitable, quality and timely service.
To oversee branch operations and ensure profitable business growth at the branch office.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Market Takaful Insurance of Africa’s products to prospective clients and existing clients, Brokers, Agents
- Ensure renewals are invited in good time and followed up with the client, Broker and Agents
- Ensure service delivery is done on timely basis
- Risk assessment and determination of terms to apply in consultation with Underwriting Manager
- Obtain requests for quotations, assess as per underwriting/rating guide and other guidance, prepare quotations and deliver to clients/brokers or business development staff as necessary
- Register all quotation requests, indicate the quotation number and open quotation
- Follow up the quotations with the client/agents or brokers and confirm that cover is placed or declined and if declined try and obtain the reasons for decline
- Facilitate and do product presentations
- Ensure that files are well documented and all communications and transactions recorded
- Collect premiums immediately from Client and ensure credit control policy is adhered to
- File weekly and monthly reports detailing the outstanding work position. The Weekly report will include business activities of the week and what are due for the following week
- Signing of accounting documents within authority limits given
- Ensuring tidiness and cleanliness in office and all work areas
- Maintain call/visits register for the Branch
- Ensure proper declarations of motor certificates are done on monthly basis.
- Receive information for all potential claims and liaise with claims department to ensure that the claim is registered. Follow up claims with claims department to ensure that claims are processed expeditiously
- Ensure safe keeping and proper accounting of all company security documents i.e. Motor certificates, cover notes, Yellow cards,
- Travel Insurance Booklets
- Gather market intelligence relating to competitors and forward to Management
- Manage allocated expenses budget
- Provide leadership to a team of well-motivated staffs at the branch
- Ensure that TIA assets in the branch are secure and properly tagged
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Insurance branch Manager
How to Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document clearly titled “APPLICATION FOR BRANCH MANAGER” should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivery to TIA Head Office, CIC Plaza, 3rd floor, Upper Hill.
So as to reach the HR & Administration Manager on or before January 31, 2018 at 5pm.