Do you believe that companies need better ways to enable their teams to perform?
Do you envision that innovative start-ups and SMEs will create the future?
Would you like to develop and manage talent in alignment to business strategy?
Have you answered yes to all of these?
We are looking for a
Team Leader in Recruitment & Client Experience!
Thousands of small and growing organizations are designing innovative solutions to the issues society is facing.
Millions of professionals seek a career in which their talent contributes to building something meaningful.
At edge we are passionate about improving organization’s performance through building high-performance teams, ultimately building a “Thank God, it’s Monday” society.
About edge: Since 2005 edge has supported young companies in getting their teams right. In 2014 we decided to focus on transformational organizational design that harnesses talents and allows everybody to contribute to the success of the business.
In 2017, we grew beyond Nairobi and discussed HR strategy, recruitment and team structure with entrepreneurs from Eastern Congo to Northern Tanzania.
In Kenya we worked with clients from Migori to Lodwar to South Coast thinking through the types of teams and organization culture would help them achieve their objectives and strategies. We were excited about seeing the great work done by amazing teams at the rural level.
We helped fill over 30 roles in small and fast-growing organizations this year across the country. In the process we interacted with over 3,000 job seekers, all ambitious to work with high-impact businesses and leave their mark in society.
Our path to becoming the trusted partner for growth-oriented enterprises around talent-related questions, such as putting the right people on the right job, consciously enabling performance, choosing and implementing systems and processes is quickly taking shape!
About the role: For 2018 we are planning to work with over 30 organizations East Africa wide on recruiting key talent for them. Our Right Hire approach is innovative, and focuses on organization culture and finding the best possible personality match for a given job.
Lead our team in the hard work of driving these goals and making great matches all over East Africa. This role is ideal for you if you love the culture and dynamics of small and growing organizations and if you want your analytical and people skills to matter!
As Team Lead Recruitment, you will drive delivery of recruitment activities for edge’s clients:
- Capture client needs in-depth. Understand the organization’s context, the big picture and the nitty gritties of the role, the required talent profile and their desired user experience of working with us.
- Design and lead the implementation of different recruitment tools and approaches to deliver great candidates for our clients.
- You are our jobs-talent match maker lead! Design and drive creative approaches to build a talent pool across East Africa that is interested in working with impact driven organizations
- Provide leadership to the RH team through mentoring, coaching and inspiring the team. You will set, break down and track department goals and over time grow the team in line with the vision.
- Continuously stay abreast with market trends, proactively gather learnings and share insights to continue innovating how we deliver our services.
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about leading teams and being in a people-facing role. You gain energy from coaching and seeing others succeed.
- You are passionate about finding the best person for an organization as well as the best career fit for job seekers. We are all about match making the right people with the right organization! Join us if this excites you!
- You have a good understanding or genuine interest to learn how different professions and careers are organized.
- You love to engage with diverse stakeholders, understanding their needs and designing relevant and surprising solutions.
- You have a track record of executing projects in a timely manner.
- You meet your deadlines and your documents are impeccable.
- You are curious and thrive in fast-changing environments where things are uncertain and you get to figure things out.
- You are interested in growing a career in the human capital space.
- You easily navigate Google forms and spreadsheets, and are skilled at creating client-facing reports in document and slide format.
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- Experience the world of start-up and grassroot impact and leave your mark in young ambitious organizations.
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning
- Stretch your entrepreneurial muscle: You will report to the founders and be included in exciting strategic and business-critical conversations.
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
- Work from our Lavington office with client meetings around Nairobi.
- Home office option available after probation, as long as you’re able to collaborate and achieve results virtually
- edge is a young company, be prepared to deliver with limited resource
Want to apply?
✓ Check out edge’s website – Do you like what you see?
✓ Submit your application by filling this survey http://bit.ly/edgeLead
✓ Send your CV (max 2 pages!) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Join edge”. The file name should start with your first name followed by your surname e.g. Anita Miles CV.pdf. Only CVs in the right format will be considered
✓ Apply AS SOON as you see this. Selection will take place on a rolling basis!