FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the below positions for the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley project.
Position Title: Technical Officer – HIV Care and Treatment
Reports To: Senior Technical Officer HIV Care and treatment
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
Requisition / Job ID: 2018200043
2 Positions – Turkana-Lodwar, Trukana-Lokichar
JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Officer – HIV Care and Treatment will be responsible for providing strategic direction in care and treatment, mentorship, coaching and regular updates to clinical mentor’s service providers in the area of both pediatric and adult HIV care and treatment.
They will be responsible for working closely with the service providers to ensure that the quality of care is sustained across the program as defined by the MOH quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide strategic direction in HIV care and treatment program in the region assigned in liaison with the project senior care and treatment team
2. Provide mentorship, coaching and updates to service providers at the CCC/MCH/TB clinics to offer patients quality care and treatment services according to the national guidelines and standards.
3. Supporting accelerated HIV care and treatment efforts directed towards increasing enrolment of HIV infected children and adolescents
4. Ensure that project-supported clinical care activities at ART/PMTCT/TB sites conform to Kenya National HIV care and treatment guidelines and the project standards.
5. Ensure the set targets across the 90-100-90 targets for the region assigned are met
6. Ensure that all targets and activities in the annual work plan in line with care and treatment are achieved in the region assigned
7. Support the service providers by recommending relevant treatment and care for the patients with opportunistic infections and recommend initiation of ART treatment in accordance with the MOH recommended guidelines.
8. Spearheading continuous quality improvement (CQI) implementation in supported facilities
9. Partnering with MOH Sub County teams in offering orientation training and technical updates to service providers
10. Liaise with other project staff working in the facility and community to address all issues across the 3 90s and issues of defaulter tracing, HIV prevention and addressing other social determinants of health to mitigate the impact of those affected and infected by HIV.
11. Support facilities to institute differentiated service delivery models, and systems for inter and intra facility referrals.
12. In collaboration with the facility management, establish facility Multidisciplinary teams and ensure their functionality.
13. Participate in data review at facility and regional level and support data for decision making at project, county and facility levels
14. Ensure quality of care is attained for patients seeking the services.
15. Ensure the documentation of appropriate services rendered to the patients is done in the relevant service registers.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Knowledge of HIV and AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health.
- Ability to provide a wide range of clinical services and capable of effectively transference of skills, effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer software skills for word processing.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workload.
- Ability to lead and work in teams to accomplish given tasks.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
- Medical doctor, Holders of Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing from an institution recognized by the respective registration bodies and must by duly registered by the relevant bodies with a minimum of 5 years post registration work for Diploma holders and 3 years for Bachelors holders.
- Training in HIV management, care and treatment. Additional training in both pediatric and adult, PMTCT, QA/QI, and rational ART use is an added advantage.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in a busy health facility offering HIV Comprehensive care and treatment services and/or working in a HIV program.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV knowledge and the various interventions being offered to prevent and control the morbidity and mortality arising from the infection will be an added advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to CLICK HERE to apply online or register online through FHI 360’s Career Center www.fhi360.org/careers and key in the Job / Requisition ID where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Applications to be received not later than February 9th 2018.
Locals from the regions mentioned above are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.