FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the below positions for the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley project.
Job Title: Technical Officer – Pharmacy
Reports To: Senior Technical Officer – HIV Care and Treatment
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
Requisition / Job ID: 2018200042
3 Positions – Turkana-Lodwar, Laikipia-Nanyuki, Baringo County-Kabarnet
JOB SUMMARY: Works as a member of the regional mentorship team under the guidance of the Senior Technical Officer – HIV Care and Treatment.
S/He will mentor health service providers on the pharmaceutical management information system, pharmacovigilance tools and provide policy updates on HIV management including ART.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide updates to the service providers on the revised ART policies and SOPs.
- Provide mentorship and coaching on ART adherence preparation of new patients, dispensing medication use and counseling.
- Provide support supervision on monitoring ART adherence (using multiple approaches).
- Provide support in counter-checking drug dosages and formulations.
- Support health care providers to document and report adverse drug interactions.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to service providers on inventory management (quantification, requisition, storage, expiry tracking and reporting).
- Provide updates to service providers on pharmaceutical management information system (PMIS); Daily Activity Register, Facility CDRR, District CDRR, Bin card, expiry tracking chart temp logs, Inventory Tracking Tool, Dispensing Tool, job aids (dispensing, storage, inventory management, quantification, medication use counseling), national set of recommended standard operating procedures (SOPs). Use of the ADT (where applicable).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized Medical Training College with 7-9 years relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in the same field with 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Basic training on ART, Commodity Management (and preferably TOT).
- Experience in mentoring and supervision of other pharmacy staff on inventory management, rational use and quantification.
- The use of the ARV Dispensing tool (ADT) is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in providing support for a busy ART program.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to CLICK HERE to apply online or register online through FHI 360’s Career Center www.fhi360.org/careers and key in the Job / Requisition ID where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Applications to be received not later than February 9th 2018.
Locals from the regions mentioned above are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.