Volunteer Opportunities at Impacting Youth Trust in January to March 2018
Impacting Youth Trust is a youth led organization that seeks to create a youth empowered and driven society. It is based in Nairobi and targets the 15-35 years age bracket in mainly the low income areas of Nairobi inn the education, health and STEM focus areas. The Trust is currently looking for young passionate individuals to work with us as volunteers for a short term period of time in the course of the next 3 months.
Opportunity 1: Project support staff (2 positions) for a period of 3 months
The volunteer will help the executive director in the preparation of two projects for a period of 3 months at the trust’s office. (Please refer to Academic Qualifications below)
Opportunity 2: S.T.E.M volunteers (2 positions) for a period of between 3-10 days
The trust is looking for volunteers who are studying or are fresh graduates of electrical, mechanical or other related engineering courses for an opportunity to volunteer with the trust for a period of between 5-10 days for a S.T.E.M. related project.
Opportunity 3: Event Volunteers (6 positions) for a three day event
The trust is looking for 6 volunteers who will help with the execution of a one day event as assistants in February-March 2017. The volunteers will go through a 2 day training that will prepare them for their duties as assistants for three day of the event. (Please refer to academic Qualifications below)
Academic Qualifications (For Opportunity 1 & 2)
- A minimum of a diploma in social sciences or other related courses
- Less than 3 years working experience
Responsibilities: (For all volunteers)
- Assist in project implementation
- Assist in field work
- Perform any other duties assigned to by the immediate supervisor
- Professional Qualifications: Fluency in English and Swahili is a must.
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer skills
- Additional Skills: The applicant should be self-driven, attentive to detail, able to work with little supervision, reliable, able to multi task and flexible.
- Attitude: The applicant should have a positive and professional attitude, be ready to learn and work in a team setting.
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate to join Impacting Youth Trust as a volunteer for the specific opportunity.
2. A resume
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line being the opportunity you are applying for by 7th of January 2018 at midnight.
Canvassing and phone calls are not allowed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.