Our client dealing in retail trade (jewelry, African art, crafts, precious and semi-precious stones) with scope of operation at the local and international levels is recruiting for a Warehouse Coordinator.
Since its inception in 1976, it has established a chain of shops located at JKIA (Nairobi) and Moi International Airport (Mombasa).
Job Summary: The Warehouse Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of continuous improvement activities related to warehouse of incoming/outgoing items.
This position will be responsible for controlling warehouse inventory by coordinating movement of product from the Head Office to warehouse to the shops.
This position will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distribution of product within the warehouse; dispatching, packaging, sorting of goods and materials; managing acceptable stock levels and all inventory related functions including inventory accuracy, cycle counts and data integrity with the completion of all paperwork as required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives and stocks product from the head office and performs incoming quality inspections.
- Moves product around warehouse, and ensures they take proper storage measures.
- Overseeing Packaging of items to the shops.
- Assures accurate quantities of product were received by comparing appropriate paperwork, data displayed on reports, and matching product numbers. Question and resolve discrepancies as required.
- Data entry of product information using a manual key-in into the warehouse database for inventory tracking to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies product shortages/damages from delivery upon receipt of product.
- Ensure inventory is identified with the location information and shelved in the proper location. Product location information is submitted to receiving as available inventory.
- Performing periodic cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory and data integrity.
- Inspects products by date received for date-sensitive product, item number, expiration date (if any) and description; signs for product received; and completes receiving paperwork.
- Reconciles purchase orders with receiving document.
- Learns, understands and complies with all company policies. Adheres to all safety & GMP procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare Inventory transfers to the shops, schedule transport, and provides proper delivery documents for KAA clearance.
- Communicates with the Purchasing team and Purchasing manager on time delivery.
- Maintains warehouse organization and cleanliness and provide support in the planning of the warehouse layout
- Ensures material handling in accordance with general warehouse best practices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Skills Required: Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Can work without supervision and is able to supervise.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years related experience in Shipping/Receiving (purchasing, warehousing, retail) in a warehouse setting
- Experience in the Logistics field (optional)
- Experience with inventory control systems, ERP software, and procedures strongly preferred
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Good computer data entry skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to operate warehouse equipments, such as scanners
Reporting: This position will report to the Purchasing Manager.
Location: The role holder will be based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), Nairobi
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 26th July 2016
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.