World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities.
World Vision wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidate to fill the following vacancy in the organization:
Project Officer – Economic Development (Makueni)
Location: Makueni, Kenya
Category: Food Security & Livelihood
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration: Less Than 1 Year
Purpose of the position:
Ensure the successful implementation and monitoring of Economic Development interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the ADP.
To effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Effective project design, planning and implementation 40%
- Ensure identification of local needs and resources
- Contextualize/adopt design guidelines and utilize at the ADP/Project level
- Ensure accurate and quality in PDDs based on the partnership approved ED PMs (Savings Groups, Business Facilitation and Local Value Chains Development)
- Develop quality project Annual work plans with clear targets, budgets and 4D matrices
- Mobilize Communities for project implementation
- Provide field-level technical implementation leadership on ED
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ED interventions in the ADP/Project as per approved PDDs, WVK standards and donor requirements
- Ensure effective integration of ED interventions with other projects in the program
- Implement project audit recommendations;
- Ensure integration of Child protection, Disability, Gender mainstreaming and environmental protection into ED interventions
- Track, in liaison with ADP/Project Accountant, project implementation expenditure levels and manage work plans and budgets;
- Timely Mobilization and effective communication with communities and stakeholders during baselines and evaluations
Monitoring, reporting and documentation 35%
- Engage community leaders and partners in the planning of the monitoring activities in an appropriate manner;
- Develop monitoring plan with communities and partners agreeing on the required standards for monitoring, with support from the DME specialist;
- Build the capacity of communities and partners on monitoring including using Savings Groups MIS, BF and/or LVCD data collection forms;
- Ensure monthly monitoring of indicators as per schedule developed together with communities and partners;
- Analyze and utilize ED PMs data including SGs MIS, BF and LVCD data and take appropriate programming measures as may apply;
- Ensure participatory monthly data collection (involving community groups and partners);
- Support the utilization of DME and ED PMs softwares for accurate data entry and analysis using the standardized tools;
- Facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements as needed.
- Contextualize and utilize reporting guidelines;
- Develop quality reports (CWB, Annual, Semi-annul and Monthly Management Reports) in-line with WV reporting guidelines;
- Monthly monitor project expenditure and level of implementation and report on any variances to ADP/Project Manager and NO Programme Officer for decision making;
- Ensure documentation of local needs and resources;
- Identify best practices on ED within the ADP/Project for documentation;
- Liaise for guidance in documentation of best practices from the regional office and national office;
Advocacy, Advocacy, Engagement and Networking 20%
- Ensure that the key laws, polices, regulations and government service delivery standards in Economic Development are shared, interpreting and explained to communities
- Effectively represent of WVK in Economic Development stakeholder meetings at county and sub-county levels.
- Report on resource mobilization opportunities at county and sub-county level
- Participation in National/International Poverty Eradication Days and Trade Fairs at county and sub-county level.
- Provide information to inform fund raising initiatives at national level
- Work with the Ministries of Agriculture, Trade, Social Services, Devolution& Planning, and Enterprise Development for technical directions and leveraging of resources to support Economic Development interventions in the ADP/Project.
- Facilitate community members to advocate on Economic Empowerment issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Work with Private sector, other NGOs, CBOs , FBOs, Committees and Groups with related objectives for synergy and sustainability and;
- Support community, sub-county and county level forums that facilitate identification of hindrances to effective economic empowerment interventions.
- Work with community groups and other CSOs to develop Memorandum and/or petitions for engagement
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A first degree preferably in Business Administration/ Commerce/ Agribusiness/ Economics or related field
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Economic Development projects at community level
- Experience in partnerships including Ministries of Trade, Agriculture, Planning, Social Services and churches
- Have practical business knowledge with an emphasis on marketing and financial management
- Having research, monitoring and evaluation skills is an added advantage
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges
- Must have good oral and written communications and relationship skills
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Good computer literate especially in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis programs such as SPSS, Stata, EPI Info
- Willing to perform other duties when required
CLICK HERE to download job details
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application Deadline Date: 30-Jan-18