World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities.
World Vision wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidate to fill the following vacancy in the organization:
Technical Specialist – Cash / Food for Assets ( Makueni)
Location: Makueni, kenya
Category: Food Security & Livelihood
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration: Less Than 1 Year
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical oversight in collaboration with the GOK & WFP to ensure FFA projects are appropriately designed, implemented, monitored and reported.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Technical Supervision 30%
- Technical point person in C/FFA
- Participate in the identification of clear boundaries of the watershed
- Take lead in the development of viable project proposals for the implementation of the identified projects and develop an actionable work plan for implementation of the C/FFA activities in the sub counties.
- Liaise with the Livelihoods team in the development of project designs in line with the WVK strategic objective
- Present the project designs and proposals for approval through the relevant structures
- Supervise the implementation of C/FFA projects and ensure the projects meet the technical standards.
- Monitor and manage performance to field monitors throughout the project cycle
Commodity/cash Management 20%
- Ensure that all commodities/cash are properly accounted for and bring to the attention of the Project Manager any discrepancies in accounting.
- Ensure that distribution plans are prepared and approved in advance to enhance efficient field operations.
- Ensure that damaged/unfit commodities are kept separately at the FDPs. Arrange for the disposal of all commodities unfit for human consumption upon receipt of the necessary authorization. Ensure proper documentation of such activity in the proscribed form in case there are damages at the centers.
- Ensure that Last Mile Mobile Solution (LMMS) system is implemented, utilized and monitored.
- Ensure that commodities/ Cash are received by the targeted beneficiaries. Spot-check FDP stores to ensure they are properly maintained and all equipment functioning properly
Stakeholder Engagement 15%
- Co-ordinate with other WVK programs and projects in the area of operation in implementation of FFA/CFA activities.
- Co-ordinate with GoK/CIC, WFP, NDMA, County and other implementing patners to enhance effectiveness of the FFA/CFA program.
- Develop monitoring schedule together with community and partners.
- Foster appropriate partnerships (with GoK, NGOs, CBOs) for the most efficient and effective implementation of the projects
- Consult the community leaders and communities on the most suitable intervention focusing, but not limited to appropriate RWH for the specific areas
- Represent WV in FFA/CFA Coordination forum.
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation 20%
- Compile and submit timely reports on the project implementation and any other reports required by WFP, WVK and donors.
- Review Field Monitors’ reports and align them with the deliverables in the project Design
- Collate data from the project that will be used to track the contribution to the child well-being outcomes as well as inform program decisions.
- Maintain updated records for FFA/CFA projects and ensure they are maintained as per FFA guidelines, CBTD and commodity manual.
- Document best practices on C/FFA projects for reflection learning, replication and decision making
Capacity Building 10%
- Consolidate the community training needs and participate in the designing of training modules addressing those needs.
- Train staff and community members on technical aspects of C/FFA
Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A degree in agriculture engineering/soil science, Water and environmental management/natural resources management or related
- At least three years’ experience in relevant field
- Proven experience of working with rural communities and participatory planning
- Good understanding of dry land farming (crops and livestock)
- Good understanding of community mobilization and participatory methods
- Mature and confident to deal with Government authorities at all levels, communities and community leaders
- Able to build strong relationships and partnerships with Government Agencies, private partners, community leaders and other stakeholders
Other Competencies / Attributes:
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity
- Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships
CLICK HERE to download job details
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application Deadline Date: 30-Jan-18