YWCA of Kenya
Advertisement for the Position of Head of Programmes – Head Office
Young Women Christian Association is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites applications for the position of Head of Programmes – Head Office.
The successful candidate will be in Nairobi and will report to the National General Secretary.
Purpose of the Job: Oversee the co-ordination and administration of all aspects of programmes including staffing, leading and controlling programmes activities.
The head of programmes will also be the Deputy National General Secretary designate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Develop and implement long term strategies, goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programmes
- Spearhead programme work and resource mobilization activities for the Department
- Ensure that program activities comply with relevant legislation and professional standards and guiding frameworks
- In consultation with the General Secretary and the Human Resources, recruit, interview and select well qualified program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
- Supervising programme staff in regards to implementation of programmes as well as mentoring, training and coaching them.
- Write quarterly and annual reports on the programmes for management and for partners
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Constant monitoring of the programmes to ensure that it operates within the approved budget and communicate with partners as outlined in the partnership agreements
- Maintain external and internal relations with all key programme stakeholders and manage any risks as well as ensure partnerships are aligned to YWCA values
- Oversee Membership recruitment, retention and development.
- To undertake any other duty as may be decided by the National General Secretary for efficient running of The Association
- Masters in Programme Management / Social Science / Community Development
- Degree in Programme Management / Community Development / Social Science
- 6 years experience in a similar position
- Experience in Programme Management and Community Development
- Experience in advocating for Rights of Women and Girls (an added advantage).
- Demonstrated experience in Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
How to Apply
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 5th February 2018.
Human Resource Manager
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted