An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of a Housekeeper at a 4 Star hotel in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: Responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the overall running of the House keeping Department.
- Oversee the effectiveness of all aspects of the housekeeping operation and other related departments.
- Plan on-the-job training and ensure training of housekeeping staff and that refresher causes are taken regularly and effectively.
- Conduct fair evaluation of the housekeeping staff
- Formulate Plans and Establish work Schedules and Prepare holiday lists for Housekeeping staff.
- Co-ordinate with Housekeeping Supervisors in Supervision of housekeeping staff.
- Ensure proper discipline among employees of the department.
- Handle staff grievances from housekeeping employees and take appropriate action.
- Perform regular inspection of work being done to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Plan and provide care for equipment, furnishings and surrounding.
- Maintain regular inventory of supplies and equipment (including linen and Beddings) and make orders for new replacements.
- Control and Issue supplies and equipment to employees.
- Prepare board rooms and other public functions and co-ordinate with other heads of departments to ensure smooth running of the functions.
- Maintain housekeeping policies and SOPs and develop employees understanding of these policies.
- Effectively administer incentive program for all housekeeping employees.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniforms.
- Organize pest eradication programs
- Assist in purchase of items related to housekeeping
- Submit monthly report to the management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management team.
- Maintain records of housekeeping tasks and task elements – job procedure, work charts, sequences, and work schedules.
- Records of staff daily attendance, handover reports, staff holiday reports and Staff appraisal Reports.
- Records periodic stock takes of housekeeping inventory supplies.
- Maintain inspection check lists of areas and items under housekeeping.
- Ensure that all company first aid boxes are fully equipped.
- Any other duty as assigned by the management.
- Diploma in housekeeping and hotel management.
- 3 years working experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor
- Should be ready to maintain the standard of a 4 star rated hotel.
- Should be able to work under minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and application letter only with Subject line House keeper + (Expected Salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org cc to: email@example.com so as to reach us by Wednesday, March, 7, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.