African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
An Exciting Career Opportunity: Programme Administrator
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a premier capacity building institution devoted to the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
AERC, now 29 years in existence was formed to address a glaring gap in economic policy analysis and research, coupled with a need to strengthen postgraduate training in economics, in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking to fill the position of a Programme Administrator, to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position will report to the Manager, Training.
Overall Job Purpose: This position is responsible for the efficient and effective administration of all grants and awards to grantees, administration of all finances, budgets and payments of one of the AERC departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Grants management
- Issuing payments of grants to institutions and individuals.
- Maintaining contact with and evaluating grant utilization by grantees and participating universities as well as maintaining accurate and up to date accounts of all grant disbursements and grants awarded.
2. Financial Administration
- Issuing payment to suppliers and service providers of the department.
- Preparing periodic donor and management reports and projections of annual expenditure.
- In liaison with the Programme Director and Manager review quarterly reports, verifies expenditure against budget, advises on the status of grants payable and prepares donor and management reports.
3. Logistics and conference management
- Assisting in the budgeting, preparation and conduct of workshops and meetings. In collaboration with the project team assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly Programme Work Plans and Budget.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
- CPA (K) or equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, preferably in an international NGO.
- Proven track record in programme financial and grant management and project administration.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with computerised accounting systems,
- strong financial management,
- problem solving and analytical skills,
- ability to work independently,
- strong integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality,
- ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- proficiency in standard office computer applications and databases such as; MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
AERC offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to visit AERC’s website at www.aercafrica.org to view the detailed descriptions of duties and required qualifications.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 7th, 2018.
Due to the expected volume of applications, AERC will only enter into further correspondence with short-listed candidates.