The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is a registered international Non-Governmental Organization in Kenya with a mandate to work on African development policy issues.
Our mission is to translate and enable the utilization of evidence in policy-making, primarily in the fields of Population Change and Sustainable Development; Reproductive, Maternal, New born, Child, and Adolescent Health; Transformative Education and Skill Development; and Capacity Building in Evidence-Informed policy making in Africa.
We work to bridge the gap between research, policy and practice by enabling use of research evidence in decision-making aimed at addressing various development challenges in Africa.
We do this through fostering consistent availability of timely, relevant and accessible evidence from credible sources to support policy making and implementation of effective development programmes in the continent.
With our Head Office in Nairobi-Kenya and a regional office in Lilongwe Malawi, we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following
Partnership Building and Resource Mobilisation Manager
The Partnership Building and Resource Mobilisation Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of the planning, development, and management of the resource mobilization strategy and activities ensuring effective engagement of stakeholders in raising of resources for the institute.
- Translate AFIDEP’s resource mobilization strategy and plans into action
- Prescribe, lead and conduct market research and marketing initiatives to assess donor priorities and identify opportunities for resource mobilization
- Establish systems for identification and response to calls with templates to manage the activities of resource mobilization.
- Coordinate the development and writing of highly competitive resource mobilisation proposals and contribute to proposal
- Develop and ensure quality standards for proposals and concept notes and ensure achievement
- Develop and maintain database of donors, project concept notes and project proposals
- Develop and maintain an effective project tracking system and ensure all donor funding requirements are met in any fundraising document
- Producing contents for communication materials in support of fundraising such as brochures, appeals, newsletters, Organisational capability statement and annual reports and their reviews
- Sensitizing and training AFIDEP staff on fundraising skills and strategy execution
- Developing and coordinating online/web-based fundraising initiatives
- Managing resource mobilisation functions and activities and supporting the project manager in managing donor relationships
- Production of fundraising status reports
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in International Development / Communications / Marketing / Economics / International Relations
- Bachelor’s degree in any other Social Sciences course
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience including progressively responsible experience working at the international and national levels
- At least five (5) year’s resource mobilisation experience and at least three (3) years in senior role in the international development sector
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking and communication skills
- Ability to engage with multilateral, bilateral, corporate and development partners.
- Ability to lead dialogue with partners, identify and analyse trends, opportunities, and challenges
- Initiative taker, self-motivated and a commitment to continuously produce results focus on impact and results
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain excellent relationships with key partners
- Self-motivated, initiative taker and working towards achieving results
- Understanding of development sector and best practices in international donor relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of grants management, monitoring, assessments, and reviews
- Excellent understanding of resource mobilisation strategies, cycles, and activities
- Excellent leadership, coordination, and relationship building
This position is tenable in Nairobi.
How to Apply
This position will be for a period of 2 years, with possibility of extension.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are required to send their 1) one-page cover letter, 2) CV (including three relevant referees), and 3) two-page statement detailing career goals and interests not later than March 5, 2018 to:
Finance and Administration Manager
African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP),
6th Floor Wing A, Westcom Point Building,
Mahiga Mairu Avenue, Westlands
P.O. Box 14688-00800, Westlands,
For more about the Institute, please visit our website www.afidep.org.