Vacant Position: Animal Health / Veterinary Graduate Trainee
- Examine birds to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries.
- Treat sick or injured birds by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
- Inoculate birds against various diseases such as rabies and distemper.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Operate diagnostic equipment such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
- Advise on sanitary measures, feeding, and general care necessary to promote health of birds.
- Educate the public about diseases that can be spread from birds to humans.
- Train and supervise workers who handle and care for Breeders, Broilers & Hatchery
- Provide care to a wide range
- Establish and conduct quarantine and testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other birds or to humans, and that comply with applicable government regulations.
- Conduct postmortem studies and analyses to determine the causes of poultry deaths.
- Perform administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, accepting payments from clients, and maintaining business records.
- Direct the overall operations of animal hospitals, clinics, or mobile services to farms.
- Inspect and test poultry to detect the presence of communicable diseases.
- Plan and execute poultry nutrition and reproduction programs.
- Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible.
- Inspect poultry housing facilities to determine their cleanliness and adequacy.
- Determine the effects of drug therapies, antibiotics, or new surgical techniques by testing them on poultry.
Requirements & Skills
- Degree / Diploma in animal science / microbiology / immunology
- Primary Veterinary Medicine degree an asset
- Ready to undergo company training for 2 years and ultimately assume managerial positions within the operations.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and commit to the organizational and job requirements
Qualified persons to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.